This Houdini n9 software tutorial covers a very simple lighting and rendering scene to show the basic workflow for generating a PBR render. We use a digital asset to quickly establish a group of geometry to light. In the lesson we also add an area map so that we can extract the lighting information from it. There are two .rat files to experiment with, the seashadow.rat file simply provides a pattern. The st.peters_cross.rat is an HDRI image from the Debevec site. Watch and learn how to set up basic Physical Based Renderer (PBR) lighting in Houdini 9.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades