In this how to video, you will learn how to clean up scanned drawings using Gimp. You will need a scanner, drawing, and Gimp installed to do this. First, open the scanned drawing in Gimp. Next, select Select by Color. Click on an area that should be white and hit ctrl + x. Next, go to filters and select soft glow under the artistic sub menu. Play around with the settings to lighten the image and darken the important lines. Click okay once you are finished. Next, go to the artistic sub menu and select cartoon. Play with these settings as well until you get the image to where you can color it without having any sketchy marks present. You are now ready to color the drawing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades