The Dropbox utility can automatically sync your computer files with other devices each time you save them. In this tutorial, learn all of the steps you need to sync files with Dropbox.
You Will Need
• Internet access
• Compatible mobile device
• Dropbox software
Step 1: Install
Download and install Dropbox on your computer or mobile device and on any other computer or device that you want it to sync with.
To install Dropbox and sync files, you must be connected to the internet. If you are disconnected, Dropbox will automatically sync when your connection is restored.
Step 2: Add files
Drag the files you want to sync to your Dropbox folder – found in Documents on a PC or the home directory on a Mac.
Another method of adding files is to click the Upload link and follow the instructions to add your files on the Dropbox website.
Step 3: Edit
Revise or edit the file in your Dropbox.
Step 4: Save
Click Save to save the file. Dropbox will update your saved changes on your other devices within moments.
Step 5: Confirm
Confirm that your files are synced by finding the icon that looks like a checkmark inside a green circle. This icon indicates that the file is up-to-date.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades