One of the best new features available in Windows Live Essentials 2011 is Microsoft Office compatibility. The Microsoft Office Web Apps, which are free online companions to all of the Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote), allow you to not only view Office documents, but edit and share them, too!
The best thing— you don't even have to own the Office software. As long as you downloaded Windows Live Essentials 2011 from the Windows Live website (available for Windows Vista and Windows 7), you won't ever need the Microsoft Office software on your PC. You just use Windows Live SkyDrive to upload and share your Microsoft Office files.
If you need a little help getting started, Microsoft has some great how-to articles for you. Some of these quick tips include:
- Creating a SkyDrive folder,
- Creating and editing documents,
- Creating a new OneNote notebook,
- Working on your mobile phone,
- Viewing documents,
- Using the Excel Web App,
- Using the PowerPoint Web App,
- Using the Word Web App, and
- Using the OneNote Web App.