One of the best new features available in Windows Live Essentials 2011 is Microsoft Office compatibility. The Microsoft Office Web Apps, which are free online companions to all of the Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote), allow you to not only view Office documents, but edit and share them, too!
The best thing— you don't even have to own the Office software. As long as you downloaded Windows Live Essentials 2011 from the Windows Live website (available for Windows Vista and Windows 7), you won't ever need the Microsoft Office software on your PC. You just use Windows Live SkyDrive to upload and share your Microsoft Office files.
If you need a little help getting started, Microsoft has some great how-to articles for you. Some of these quick tips include:
- Creating a SkyDrive folder,
- Creating and editing documents,
- Creating a new OneNote notebook,
- Working on your mobile phone,
- Viewing documents,
- Using the Excel Web App,
- Using the PowerPoint Web App,
- Using the Word Web App, and
- Using the OneNote Web App.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades