Gain control over your files online with Windows Live SkyDrive 2011, just one of the many new features of the newly released Windows Live Essentials 2011. You get 25GB of free online storage and tons of new features. You can store tons of documents, access all your important files and share the plethora of pictures you've amassed, all within SkyDrive.
SkyDrive is much like Apple's iDisk feature, where you control who has access to your files via password protection. Also, like Hotmail 2011, you can create, view, edit, and share Microsoft Office documents. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNotefiles works with SkyDrive—even if you don't have Office installed on your computer.
If you've never used SkyDrive before, Microsoft has a ton of great tips and tricks to getting started with SkyDrive. Some of these include:
- Uploading your files,
- Sharing files, documents and photos publicly,
- Viewing Microsoft Office documents form a PC or Mac,
- Sharing via email,
- Sharing with groups, and
- Sharing with your social network sites.
Windows Live Essentials 2011 is only available for Windows Vista and Windows 7 and can be downloaded from their website.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades