The Wedge ROP is a render output driver, which can be used to change variables on the fly while rendering. This can be very useful when simulating, in that you can test out different parameters to see the different results. It's a relatively new feature in Houdini 9.5.
Wedging will render a specified ROP multiple times, each time varying some parameters in the .hip file. This is useful for exploring how changing parameters will change the final product of things such as simulations.
***HOUDINI APPRENTICE USERS:
Due to the way that Apprentice automatically saves images in a non-commercial format, you may encounter difficulty if you try to save your images as ".pic" at the end of this lesson. Please make sure that on your Mantra Output Driver, that you save your Output Picture as ".picnc" rather than ".pic" when attempting to use Post Frame Scripts. Attempting to render as ".pic" will cause the Post Frame Script to fail.
Download the Scene Files for this project.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades