In this Rhino / Grasshopper 3D software tutorial we rebuild the shift tutorial provided by David Rutten.
All Grasshopper data is stored in lists. Sometimes you need to perform an action on each item in a list which depends on neighbouring items. For example, if you want to connect each point in a list of points with the next one, you need to somehow get at that second point. There are several ways available of doing this, but Shift is an exceptionally useful one. Shift will move all the values in a list a number of indices to the left or right. As simple as the Rhino and Grasshopper plug-in interface is to understand when one comes at the software for the first time this can be a bit overwhelming. So watch and learn how to work with the shift component in Rhino 3D.
-Divide curve by Number
-Using the Shift component
This tutorial is best viewed full screen.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades