This video shows how to enter an IRC chat with a program called Pidgin, which is normally an instant messaging client. First, you should open Pidgin and open the protocol IRC, selecting or creating a username and changing the server to irc.freenode.net in order to connect to the Linuxjournal channel. After connecting to the channel, wait until you are connected. At this point, you should still not be able to see anything, so you have to go to "Add Chat" and join a channel, in this case #Linuxjournal. You can then also choose to autojoin and to remain in chat after the window is closed. You will now have IRC set up under Pidgin.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades