George Maestri from Lynda shows how to add interactivity in Google SketchUp Pro using a variety of tools in the program. Adding interactivity allows for added dimension and interaction with an object. The example used in the tutorial was that of a fridge, which after adding interactivity, allowed for the doors and drawers of the fridge to be opened. To utilize this technique, the object's file (without interactivity) should be opened. By selecting the fridge and then going to component attributes, a person can look at the breakdown of the fridge's components allowing the ability to slide out drawers and doors along the existing X and Y axis. Maestri shows us how to determine what values need to be entered for each component attribute to be able to make the drawers and doors animated. The next step of adding interactivity programs the fridge's components to open with a simple click of the mouse to the desired component value. The on-click attribute allows this function to occur. By following the steps outlined in Maestri's Google SketchUp Pro tutorial, you can learn how to make an object's various component parts animated with just a click of the mouse.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades