In this video, viewers are shown how to use the iChat feature on a Mac computer. To begin, the video creator instructs us to open Safari (or your preferred) browser and to navigate to www.aim.com. This is the AOL Instant Messenger site (AIM) and from here, you are able to create a screen name. This is important because you have to have a screen name with a instant messaging service to be able to chat using the iChat application.
After creating your account and logging in, you are to open the iChat application on your computer. To configure iChat and your new screen name, go to the preferences tab at the top of the page, click on "account setup" and add your new AIM screen name and password.
You are now able to use your Mac's webcam and chat with your friends.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades