Everybody is going digital these days, so everybody has a reason for software like HandBrake. You can save your entire DVD collection on your computer in digital files, and you can convert videos into different formats. Check out this video tutorial on how to rip DVDs and convert videos on Ubuntu Linux, Windows, and Mac.
HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multi-platform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows.
* Any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted--protection methods including CSS are not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), and some .VOB and .TS files
* Most any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
* File format: MP4 and MKV
* Video: MPEG-4, H.264, or Theora
* Audio: AAC, CoreAudio AAC (OS X Only), MP3, or Vorbis. AC-3 pass-through, DTS pass-through (MKV only)
* Chapter selection
* Integrated bitrate calculator
* Picture de-interlacing, cropping and scaling
* Live Video Preivew
Tru3m0sl3m has all kinds of tutorials, from Windows and Ubuntu Linux operating systems to Islamic videos. If you're looking for some quick and handy computer tips or tricks, this is a good place to start.