In this Rhino 3D / Grasshopper software tutorial we expand on a previous video from the site, Rhino - Patterning Based on Point Distance with Grasshopper. The idea is to use 2 points rather than one. The logic is borrowed from Andy Payne on a 3ds Max model with wire parameters. Basically the idea is to drive the radius of the circles with the distance between the point(s). The circles then use the MIN component and a "range" factor to limit how big the circles can get as well as the area of influence of each point. This may not be the most elegant solution but it gets the job done.
-Using 2 attractors
So check it out and learn one method of patterning with two attractor points in Rhino 3D with the Grasshopper (Explicit History) plug-in. The video is best viewed full screen.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades