To make customizing a template as easy as possible, it is important that you pick a template that is closest to what you're after, this includes the layout, the images and the color schemes. Keep this in mind.
To customize a template for your site, all you really need to change are:
* The header
The header would usually contain branding elements for your web site. This could be a logo, a header image or even just your sitename in simple text.
* The menu items
Different sites would obviously need different webpages. You will want to add, edit or delete items on the menu list to reflect the webpages you have on your site.
* The footer
Normally, all you need to do with the footer is just change the copyright notice.
* The content
And of course, the unique content that goes on each page.
This tutorial will be using using My Free Website Builder to customize the template, but you can use Dreamweaver or any other website development software.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades