Video demonstrates how to make rounded corners in GIMP. First step is to open an image. The image needs to have transparency for this to work. An alpha channel is to be added to the image. This can be done by going to the layer option in that select transparency and add alpha channel. By doing this if the picture grays out it means the image already has transparency and there is no need to add an alpha channel. Now Select option is selected and in that rounded rectangle is selected. The radius is reduced to 21 from 50. Now the picture has a selection with rounded corners and these corners are to be removed. For this again the select option should be selected and in that invert option is selected. Now the selection is in the corners. Delete key is to be pressed to delete the corners. Now gray check board appears in the corners, this means the corners are transparent and will not appear if we paste it anywhere on the web. The file should be saved with .png extension, file formats like .jpg don't support transparency and the corners will turn white.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades