Need some extra space on your computer? Grab those folders and zip 'em! Watch this tutorial and learn how to consolidate your folders into a single zip file, saving you space and keeping you organized.
You Will Need
• A computer
• Zip utility
Step 1: Right-click
On a Windows PC, right-click on the folder you want to zip and click "Send to."
To highlight multiple folders to be zipped, press and hold the control button and select as many as you like.
Step 2: Select compressed folder
Click on compressed folder, which should be the top option.
Step 3: Rename folder
Rename your new zipped folder after it has been created.
Step 4: Select a folder to zip
Select the folder you want to zip on a Mac. Select multiple folders by holding down the Shift or Command key while clicking.
Step 5: Create an archive
Control-click on the folder you've selected, and then select Create Archive.
Step 6: Wait for the zip
Watch the window that appears and indicates the progress your computer is making toward compressing the folder. When it's done, an icon for a zip file containing the folder will appear.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades