In my last article, I discussed how you could download almost any video from almost any video sharing site using the free NetVideoHunter add-on in Mozilla Firefox. Now in this article, I will discuss how to convert those videos you've downloaded to any format—also for free. Most of the time, the videos you download with NetVideoHunter are in FLV (Flash video) format, which is something that not all video players can play. That's why I made this article.
Step 1 Download the Media Converter
To start converting videos, we need to download Format Factory, found here. It's free to download and to use. Not only is it free but it also functions efficiently. After you download Format Factory, you need to of course install it.
Step 2 Start using Format Factory
After you've install it, open Format Factory and drag the video you want to convert to the empty portion of the Format Factory window, which you can see below.
Step 3 Configure the Settings of the Video
After you've dragged the video, it will open a new window that will let you choose the format which you want the video to be. After you've chosen the format you want the video to be, press "OK". It will look something like this:
To further configure the video, you may want to click the "Settings" button. Once you've clicked "Settings", it will open a new window. There are many different configurations you can change, but in here I will only discuss about how you can make it in to a full screen video. In the "Video Stream", find "Aspect Ratio" and change the default "Automatic" to "Fully Expand". After you've configured the settings, press "OK".
Step 4 Start Converting
After you've configured everything, press "Start" to make Format Factory start converting the video. It may take a while depending on the size of the video.
Step 5 Locate the Converted Video
After the "Convert State" reaches 100%, the video is already converted. Press "Output Folder" to go to the folder which the converted video is in. You are now good to go.
- You can convert not only videos, but also pictures and sounds.
- You can convert the video to a .mp3 file or any sound file if you want.
- Format Factory is not limited to converting files into different format, but it can also do some other cool things.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades