Automator is a built-in Mac utility found in Mac 10.4+ and can be used to convert a PDF file to text format.
Below is the process of converting a PDF file to text format.
- Launch Finder -> Applications -> and double-click on the Automator application to open.
- Choose the option ''Workflow".
- Drag the PDF you want to convert to text in the Automator interface.
- Use the search bar and type "text" for a quick search and select "Extract PDF Text" option.
- Hit the "Play" button to initiate the process.
Once the process is finished, a text file is generated containing all the PDF's text-based information.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.