Automator is a built-in Mac utility found in Mac 10.4+ and can be used to convert a PDF file to text format.
Below is the process of converting a PDF file to text format.
- Launch Finder -> Applications -> and double-click on the Automator application to open.
- Choose the option ''Workflow".
- Drag the PDF you want to convert to text in the Automator interface.
- Use the search bar and type "text" for a quick search and select "Extract PDF Text" option.
- Hit the "Play" button to initiate the process.
Once the process is finished, a text file is generated containing all the PDF's text-based information.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades